Counselling or psychotherapy is a process which helps you to develop an awareness and understanding of yourself, your struggles, emotions, strengths and joys; in your current life or from your past; so that you can make positive choices for your future. This is done through talking and / or using creative methods. This allows you the opportunity to gain an understanding of your situation and can have a long lasting positive impact on your day to day life.
Whilst face to face therapy allows you to meet with me in a therapeutic space away from your home, online therapy allows you to access therapy at a place and time that may be more convenient for you.
How I Work
Qualified with a Foundation Degree in Counselling Studies in 2012, I have a wealth of counselling and psychotherapy experience. My experience includes working with individual adults, children and young people, and couples. I work online and face to face with clients in Derry / Londonderry and Donegal.
I completed the Foundation Degree in Counselling Studies in 2012 which is based on integrative counselling. This is the idea of combining different theories; talking, play and creative methods, to suit clients’ individual needs.
Central to my counselling practice is the core of Person Centred Theory, most importantly, the development of the relationship between the counsellor and client. Therefore, by creating a calm and safe environment and adapting the activities to your needs, I aim to help you make effective changes for your future.
Qualifications and professional certification
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and a member of their professional register, I am therefore, bound by their code of ethics, supervision and insurance requirements.
- 2012 Foundation Degree in Counselling Studies
- 2020 Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- 2019 Introduction to Traumaplay ™ (A flexibly sequential Play Therapy Model for Treating Traumatized Children
- 2017 L5 Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People
- 2016 Level 5 Diploma In Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- 2015 British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Certificate of Accreditation
- 2013 Certificate in Working with the Couple Relationship
- 2007 BSc (Hons) (Open) Psychology
I hold the following Certificates relating to Child Protection:
- Certificate in Safeguarding of Children and Young People (NI) and ACCESS NI
- Certificate Introduction to Children First (ROI) and Gardai Vetting
The confidential nature of counselling means that clients can be confident that I will hold in trust the information you wish to share. Please see Privacy Notice for details on how your information is used.
If you have any questions or would like an appointment my Contact and Fee information is here