Qualified with a Foundation Degree in Counselling Studies in 2012, I have a wealth of counselling and psychotherapy experience. My experience includes working with individual adults, children and young people, and couples. I also provide personal therapy hours for student counsellors. I am based in North Inishowen, Derry / Londonderry and Letterkenny Co Donegal.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and a member of their professional register, I am therefore, bound by their code of ethics, supervision and insurance requirements.
Qualifications and professional certification
- 2012 Foundation Degree in Counselling Studies
- 2007 BSc (Hons) (Open) Psychology
- 2017 L5 Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People
- 2016 Level 5 Diploma In Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- 2015 British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Certificate of Accreditation
- 2013 Certificate in Working with the Couple Relationship
I hold the following Certificates relating to Child Protection:
- Certificate in Safeguarding of Children and Young People (NI) and ACCESS NI
- Certificate Introduction to Children First (ROI) and Gardai Vetting
Theory and Practice
I completed the Foundation Degree in Counselling Studies in 2012 which is based on integrative counselling. This is the idea of combining different theories; talking, play and creative methods, to suit clients’ individual needs.
Central to my counselling practice is the core of Person Centred Theory, most importantly, the development of the relationship between the counsellor and client. Therefore, by creating a calm and safe environment and adapting the activities to your needs, I aim to help you make effective changes for your future.
The confidential nature of counselling means that clients can be confident that I will hold in trust the information you wish to share. Please see Privacy Notice for details on how your information is used.